Apple inks Apple TV+ deal with Idris Elba
Another day, another drop of Apple TV Plus news, this time that Apple has won the rights for an as-yet unnamed spy romance film starring Idris Elba.
Idris Elba spy romance
It seems there was a big bidding war for the movie, which is being produced by Elba and Simon Kinberg (Chappie, X-Men, The Martian, Fantastic Four) with a script written by Travon Free. The movie is set in Africa.
In July, Elba reached a first look deal with Apple, under which he will offer to produce TV shows and movies for the TV Plus service. Kinberg is also working on a 10-episode Sci-Fi series for Apple, among a host of other projects elsewhere.
This is just the latest in a series of major news nuggets to slip concerning the Apple streaming service in the last few days:
- What is the Apple One services bundle?
- Apple TV+ is just one Mandalorian away from greatness
- Apple reaches first look deal with Martin Scorsese
- Apple hooks Robert Downey Jr. team for TV+ series
- Apple hooks Leonard DiCaprio, Ewan McGregor for TV+ shows
- Does Apple want to host monthly Apple TV Plus movie nights?
So things are looking quite interesting for the future of Apple TV Plus in the coming 12-24 months.