Apple Pay is coming to Portugal and six other European countries, according to a Tweet from a challenger bank.
- How the Xnor.ai purchase opens Apple’s AI future January 17, 2020Apple’s $200 million acquisition of Xnor.ai provides tools for evolution in imaging, edge-based AI, HomeKit and more.What does Xnor.ai do? Xnor.ai was spun out of the Allen Institute for AI by Professor Ali Farhadi and Dr. Mohammed Rastegari in 2017. These men were also responsible for YOLO, YOLO9000, Label Refinery and other machine intelligence achievements.To read […]
- How iPhones can help manage 'always-on' work-related stress January 16, 2020The great thing about smartphones is they help you work from anywhere; the bad thing is that this makes it quite difficult to make the separation between professional and personal life.This is a real problem that’s creating a health emergency. Here are several suggestions about how your iPhone can help relieve this stress.What’s the big […]
- Breaking iPhone encryption won't make anyone safer January 15, 2020Imagine all your tax documentation could be examined by officials from any government merely on suspicion. That’s the future some governments are pushing for when they demand that Apple put security backdoors into its products.Making no one safe Think about the nature of security backdoors:To read this article in full, please click here
- Apple’s ‘Pro Mode’ is made for Mac professionals January 14, 2020Apple’s focus on the needs of professional computer users for its Macs and iPads ‘for the rest of us’ continues on news the company is developing a new ‘Pro Mode’ that pushes more performance for some apps.The PC market will become a high-end market Apple is focused on pro users because it recognizes that this […]
- Apple’s App Store generates $1B a week January 13, 2020On average, Apple generated more than $1 billion a week from the half-billion-plus people visiting its App Store every week in 2019, new data shows.That’s $54.2 billion in the year.Chasing the (long) tail There’s lots of reasons for this, principally a successful push toward subscription-based business models and rapidly growing consumer acceptance that there actually […]
- 6 iPhone hacks to make you more productive January 10, 2020There are so many productivity tips for iPhone users that it can be difficult to figure out the best ones. Here’s a new collection of those I think will be most useful.Save (almost) anything as a PDF The easiest way to save anything you can print from your iPhone or iPad as a PDF isn’t […]
- Apple has a chance to grow as half a billion Windows 7 PCs hit EOL January 9, 2020As Microsoft pulls support for nearly half a billion Windows 7 PCs, it’s make or break for Windows-based IT. And Apple has a chance to reap a good harvest when support ends Jan. 14.The great migration Apple’s solutions are now in use across the entire Fortune 500 and the company’s enterprise credentials continue to extend. […]