Powerbeats: Apple really wants to rule the gym
The latest iteration of the Beats H1-chip-toting, AirPod Pro-benefit bringing popular Powerbeats headphones are available.
They bring a bunch of improvements and send out Apple’s big message to keep fit enthusiasts everywhere:
Apple’s bid to rule the gym
Powerbeats ($149.95) consist of two buds, a robust around ear holding hook and a wire to twin the two.
They connect to your iPhone or Apple Watch really easily (thanks to their use of Apple’s H1 chip), and should provide a really good, balanced sound while you go through your workouts.
These can be seen as the low(er) cost versions of the highly-recommended Powerbeats Pro, and – as you’d expect or such deeply Apple-compatible systems, also integrate ‘Hey Siri’ support (as well as iOS 13 audio sharing).
The great thing about them being wired in this way is that I think these are actually harder to lose than the Pro systems. The controls are situated on the right earpiece while the left hand one holds the power button.
When it comes to audio production Apple continues to push the envelope, with all the early reviewers claiming a really well-balanced sound that lacks distortion.
- The company promises up to 15-hours of listening time.
- A 5 minute charge provides up to 1-hour of music playback.
- These things are sweat and water resistant – but not waterproof, so don’t drop them in a puddle.
- Available in red, white and black.
- More information here. They ship in the U.S. March 18, 2020 and cost $149.95.