Take a look at this great Catalina and iPad OS gadget for Mac and iPad users
If you use a Mac, iPad and iPhone are you getting the best out of your products? This useful KVM Switch solution fromIOGEAR (who make a huge range of useful accessories and interconnects) may help you get even more out of them, enabling you to get the most out of all these devices.
What is this product?
IOGEAR’s new Access ProTM 2-Port USB-C KVM Switch with Power Delivery delivery integrates laptops, tablets and even smartphones into a single work station.
It means you can share a keyboard, 4K display and supported USB 3.1 accessories between all these devices, with just a single USB-C or Thunderbolt cable going to each device.
“KVM switches are an incredibly useful tool for independently operating multiple computers with a single desktop setup. However, since most jobs don’t require the use of two computers, KVMs have generally been considered a niche product,” said Joseph Zhang, Director of Product Management at IOGEAR.
He says the solution will enable users to “maximize productivity by converting mobile devices into powerful desktop computers.”
Product features and benefits
- Control and share two USB-C devices with DP Alt Mode from one keyboard, mouse, and HDMI monitor
- Conveniently switch between devices via the push-button remote
- Power Delivery1 with up to 75W of charging for a laptop and up to 10W for a smartphone (USB-C external power needed)
- Supports external display resolutions up to 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
The solution has the following ports:
- 1x USB-C for laptop, 1x USB-C for smartphone; data rate up to 5 Gbps
- 1x HDMI 1.4b compliant, up to 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 @30Hz resolution
- 2x USB-A 3.1 Gen 1, data rate up to 5Gbps
- 1x USB-C for Power Delivery Pass-Thru
The solution is compatible with iPad OS and iOS 13 and ships at the end of August. It costs $199.95.