How to move Siri’s voice between paired HomePods
In that review I voiced a little frustration because I hadn’t yet been able to figure out how to shift the speaker from which Siri’s voice emanates other than physically swapping them over. I needn’t have worried – thanks to a reader I now know how to do it and thought you might need to learn this, also.
How to move Siri between HomePods
I think Siri defaults in such a way as its voice emerges from the second HomePod you set-up.
That’s fine, but you may want Siri’s voice to come from the other speaker, and it isn’t clear what to do – there is no setting in the Home app, for example. Fortunately, the process of swapping Siri’s voice couldn’t be simpler:
- Long press the top of the HomePod you want Siri to come from.
- You’ll see the illumination flash off and on to show you it heard the instruction.
- The voice of Siri will now come from that HomePod.
Products from Amazon.com
More information on HomePod
Here are all the articles I have available to help you get more from your HomePod system.
- How to set up your new Apple HomePod
- Why two Apple HomePods really are better than one
- 18 Siri commands for HomePod AirPlay 2 users
- These are the 16 commands you’ll use most with your HomePod
- How to use HomePod with AirPlay 2
- Video: How to use Apple’s HomePod, and other stories
- 80 things Apple says you can ask Siri on HomePod