These are the Denon and Marantz speakers that are getting AirPlay 2
What this means to you?
What this means to you is that if you happen to own any of these supported accessories you can look forward to using AirPlay 2 on those devices as part of your multi-room audio set-ups, possibly along with HomePods, iOS devices and Macs. You can even stream Apple Music through these systems.
Which Marantz systems will support AirPlay 2?
If you already own one of these systems, you likely already have it installed as part of a high-end audio system. If that is the case, then the good news is that one of the cheapest units (the $499NR1608 AV Component receiver) will let you pour high-quality Apple Music streaming through your system. If you don’t, then the price of these things may help illustrate why HomePod’s high-quality music playbackcan be seen as such a good deal, though most of the below also work with Alexa (which you may choose to switch off).
[Also read: 18 Siri commands for HomePod AirPlay 2 users]
The following Marantz systems will support Apple’s wireless audio tech as firmware updates ship:
- Marantz ND8006 Network CD Player, normal price $1,199.
- Marantz NR1508 AV Component receiver (above), normal price $549.
- Marantz NR1608 AV Component receiver (works with Alexa), $499.
- Marantz SR5011 7-channel AV receiver, $699
- Marantz SR5012 7-channel Ultra HD AV receiver, $549
- Marantz SR6011 AV component receiver, $899
- Marantz SR6012 9.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD Network AV Surround Receiver (above), $899.
- Marantz SR7011 Full 4K 9.2 Channel receiver, $1,399
- Marantz SR7012 Marantz Audio Video Receiver Audio & Video Component Receiver, $2,199
- Marantz AV8805 AV Audio Component PreAmp, $4,499
- Marantz AV7704 Pre-Amplifier Audio Component Amplifier, $2,199
- Marantz AV7703 Pre-Amplifier Audio Component Amplifier, $2,199
- Marantz SR8012 Audio Video Receiver Audio & Video Component Receiver, $2,999
- Marantz NR1509 AV component receiver, $549.
- Marantz NR1609 AV component receiver, $749
Which Denon systems will support AirPlay 2?
Owned by the owner of Marantz (Sound United), Denon makes its own annoyingly named but acoustically lovely range of high end audio components. Most of these systems also support Alexa, Bluetooth and other forms of audio streaming.
- Denon AVR-X4300H (pictured below), Full 4K AV receiver, c.$1,299
- Denon AVR-X6300H 11.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver, $1,499
- Denon AVR-X8500H 13.2 channel AV receiver (this can drive multiple AV feeds), $3,999
- Denon AVR-X6400H, Full 4K UHD system, $2,199
- Denon AVR-X4400H, 9.2 Channel Full 4K UHD Network AV Receiver, $1,599
- Denon AVR-X3400H, 7.2 Channel Full 4K UHD Network AV Receiver, $599
- Denon AVR-X2400H, 7.2 Channel Full 4K UHD Network AV Receiver $499
- Denon AVR-X1400H, 7.2 Channel Full 4K UHD Network AV Receiver, $399
- Denon AVR-X1500H, 7.2 Channel 4K UHD Network AV Receive, $614
- Denon AVR-X2500H, AV Component receiver, $799
- Denon AVR-X730H, no longer available.
- Denon AVR-X930H, no longer available.
- Denon AVR-X640H, no longer available.
- Denon AVR-X740H, no longer available.
- Denon AVR-X940H, no longer available.
The complete listing of these devices provided by The Poor Audiophile.