CES 2019: These are all the AirPlay 2-enabled TVs confirmed so far
LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio have all now confirmed plans to support AirPlay 2 in future TV sets in a future software update for those sets.
Now Apple has published an extensive list of all the sets that will support AirPlay 2.
What is going on?
The support means you’ll be able to stream photos, video and audio from iOS and macOS devices to your set and use Siri to control some sets.
It also means HomeKit support for these systems, and (at least in the case of Samsung) introduction of iTunes Movies and TV apps on these smart TVs.
You must look for one of these logos on the pack:
The list includes already available models such as the Vizio P-series, and sets scheduled to ship in 2019. Most of these sets are unreleased and only recently announced.
The news is pretty bright for Samsung and Vizio TV owners. Sonyand LG support will extent to sets made this year, or so it appears.
Apple’s complete list
“Leading TV manufacturers are integrating AirPlay 2 directly into their TVs, so now you can effortlessly share or mirror almost anything from your iOS device or Mac directly to your AirPlay 2–enabled smart TV. You can even play music on the TV and sync it with other AirPlay 2–compatible speakers anywhere in your home,” Apple said.
- LG OLED (2019),
- LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019),
- LG NanoCell SM8X series (2019),
- LG UHD UM7X series (2019),
- Samsung QLED Series (2019 and 2018),
- Samsung 8 Series (2019 and 2018),
- Samsung 7 Series (2019 and 2018),
- Samsung 6 Series (2019 and 2018),
- Samsung 5 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 4 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Sony Z9G Series (2019)
- Sony A9G Series (2019)
- Sony X950G Series (2019)
- Sony X850G Series (2019 85″, 75″, 65″ and 55″ models)
- Vizio P-Series Quantum (2019 and 2018)
- Vizio P-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio M-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio E-Series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
- Vizio D-series (2019, 2018 and 2017)
I’m guessing we’ll see some other models added to this list in future.Dear reader, this is just to let you know that as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.