Apple services now available in 175 countries and regions in huge expansion
In a massive service expansion, Apple today extended services including the App Store, Arcade, Apple Music, Podcasts and iCloud to dozens of new countries making its offering truly global.
Services, services, services
In a press release, the company confirmed its App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and iCloud are now available in 20 more countries, and Apple Music is available in 52 additional countries. The App Store is now available in 175 countries and regions.
“We’re delighted to bring many of Apple’s most beloved Services to users in more countries than ever before,” said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and International Content (and now also in charge at Beats).
“We hope our customers can discover their new favorite apps, games, music, and podcasts as we continue to celebrate the world’s best creators, artists, and developers.”
What additional markets does Apple now serve?
The App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and iCloud are now available in the following countries and regions:
- Africa: Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Libya, Morocco, Rwanda, and Zambia.
- Asia-Pacific: Maldives and Myanmar.
- Europe: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Serbia.
- Middle East: Afghanistan (excluding Apple Music) and Iraq.
- Oceania:Nauru (excluding Apple Music), Tonga, and Vanuatu.
- Apple Music is also expanding to the following countries and regions:
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Chad, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Tunisia.
- Europe:Croatia, Iceland, and North Macedonia.
- Latin America and the Caribbean:the Bahamas, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Turks and Caicos, and Uruguay.
- Middle East:Kuwait, Qatar, and Yemen.
- Oceania: Solomon Islands.
What about Apple Music?
Alongside the anticipated selection of boiler plate statements, Apple shared a few Apple Music facts.
- The service is now available in 167 countries and regions.
- It offers 60 million songs.
- New Apple Music subscribers in the 52 additional countries can enjoy a six-month free trial of the service, with locally curated playlists including Africa Now, Afrobeats Hits, Ghana Bounce, and more.
Apple also confiemed that Apple Podcasts now offers over a million shows in 100 languages across 175 countries and regions.