15 essential Zoom keyboard shortcuts for iPads and Macs
Do you use Zoom? I think most people now use it to virtually meet friends, family and business associates, in part because it’s so easy to use and on account of its cross-platform support. Here are the essential Zoom keyboard shortcuts iPad and Mac users should learn to get a little more from the service.
11 essential Zoom keyboard shortcuts for Macs
There are lots of essential Zoom keyboard shortcuts you can use with your Mac.
The following selection covers most of the most important tasks, but you can review all the available shortcuts when you click your profile picture in the Zoom application, tap Settings and then click keyboard shortcuts to learn them all.
- How to raise/lower hand: Option-Y.
- How to switch between portrait and landscape view: Command-L.
- How to screen share directly: Command-Control-S.
- How to mute/unmute audio: Command-Shift_A.
- How to stop/start video: Command-Shift-V
- How to start/stop screen share: Command-Shift-S.
- How to switch quickly between active speaker and gallery view: Command-Shift-W.
- How to cycle through gallery view: Use Control-P or Control-N to flick between participants in gallery view.
- How to see the participants panel: Command-U.
- How to chat with someone: Command-K
- How to take a screenshot in chat: Command-T.
4 essential Zoom keyboard shortcuts for iPads
OK, these are only really useful if you happen to use an external keyboard with your iPad.
However, if you do, then you can use these to mute and unmute, start and stop video and other functions without everyone you are speaking to laughing at you as you squint at the screen. We’ve all been there.
- How to mute/unmute your audio: Command-Shift-A.
- How to start/stop video (so you can have a little sleep, or something): Command-Shift-V.
- Display/hide chat: Command-Shift-H (Chat is a really useful tool in Zoom).
- Display/hide participants: The participants list is always useful, tap Command-U to go in and out of it.
Hope these help you have better Zoom meetings. Here are seven more Zoom tips for working from home.