The Apple news editor’s diary, Fall 2019 edition
These are the dates every Apple watcher, writer or consumer needs to note in their diaries following last week’s Apple event.
A very brief recap: Apple announced a new iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. It also shared more details concerning Apple Arcade and Apple TV+, and gave us the release dates for iOS 13, and upcoming iterations of tvOS, watchOS and iPadOS.
Scattered across various press releases, the company also shared a bevy of release dates for these products and services.
I’ve put these together below:
- Apple Arcade will be available in 150+ countries on September 19. It costs $4.99/m.
- iOS ships September 19.
- Watch OS 6 will be available for Apple Watch Series 3 and later.
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max will be available at retail in 30 countries, including U.S.
- Apple Watch Series 5 availability begins in the US, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and 38 other countries and regions (GPS), 22 countries and regions for GPS + Cellular.
- Apple Watch Hermes model also available today.
- iPadOS will be available on September 30.
- tvOS 13 ships today,
- iOS 13.1 (with additional features) ships today.
- New seventh-generation iPad model available in stores.
- Apple has somewhat cagily promised us that macOS Catalina ships “October”.
At time of writing there’s plenty of speculation to suggest an additional Apple special event may also fall due in fall, with a focus on Mac Pro. What else is happening this month so far?
- Apple Watch Nike available in US, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and 51+ other countries and regions.
There’s even an outside chance Apple will attempt to push itself forward a little more with other significant announcements in the run-up to the holiday shopping/Black Friday season. Right now we know the month begins with:
- Apple TV+ available in over 100 coutries and regions.
- Coming later this fall, Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 will receive watchOS 6.
Have I missed other specific and important dates? Please let me know.