Apple is applying all its corporate muscle to support Black History Month this February, including a special edition Apple Watch.
Please help me continue my work
- HSBC now offers Mac-friendly choice scheme March 5, 2021One of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations, HSBC, last year introduced an employee-choice program enabling its workforce to choose to use a Mac as their primary work computer.Sign of the times Back in 2008, HSBC was among the first major businesses to dump BlackBerry and migrate to iPhones. More recently, it joined the trend […]
- UK regulators launch Apple App Store probe March 4, 2021The UK has launched a probe into suspected anti-competitive behavior in regard to Apple’s App Store, the latest in a series of investigations of the company.What’s the problem? That an investigation has been announced is not the same as declaring guilt. The UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) explains: “No decision has yet been made […]
- Apple-friendly debugger helps make apps and websites accessible March 3, 2021With millions still sheltering from the COVID-19 threat, there never has been a more important time to ensure mobile apps, websites, and web apps are accessible — and a new solution from Evinced hopes to empower developers to achieve that.What is the scale of the problem? When it comes to accessibility, the World Health Organization (WHO) says […]
- Enterprise collaboration enters the innovation fast lane March 2, 2021While most enterprise meetings are more sedate than those at Handforth Parish Council, collaboration tools are evolving rapidly, driven by the global work-from-home (WFH) surge and in the use of Zoom, which now claims 467,100 customers and saw revenues climb 326% year-on-year on the strength of the move to remote work in 2020.Most recently, we’ve […]
- Apple on track for 3nm silicon iPhones and more in 2022 March 1, 2021iPhones, iPads, and Macs seem set for even steeper performance and power management gains come 2022, as it looks like the company’s plans to switch to 3-nanometer (nm) chips are falling into place.Apple’s processor development road map We’ve considered the road ahead for Apple Silicon, and those predictions seem to be on the right track […]