iOS: How to unsubscribe from an App Store app
If you have ever subscribed to an App Store app you should also know how to unsubscribe from those apps.
How to unsubscribe from an App Store app
Unsubscribing from apps was once a quite Byzantine task, but Apple has made it easier in a recent iOS software update. Now you can unsubscribe in a couple of clicks.
Here is how it is done:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone
- Tap your user icon at the top right of the App Store front page
- On the next page you will now find an item called ‘Manage Subscriptions’
- Tap this and you will be taken to a page listing all your active and inactive subs.
- Tap an Active subscription in the list and you will be taken to the Edit Subscriptions page, where you can tap Cancel Subscriptions to turn off that commitment.
Way less complex
It is good that Apple has made it easier to unsubscribe. Not only has it always made it really easy to subscribe to apps/services, but until now it has been a nine-step, complex process. This has led some scammers to hook people up to apps they do not need, which is not a good look for a multinational corporation trying to woo its happy users into increasingly tying themselves up to subscriptions.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Apple MacBook Air (13-inch Retina display, 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 256GB) - Space Grey (Previous Model)Price: £1,099.00Was: £1,399.00
Here is what we had to do until iOS 12
For comparison’s sake, here is what we used to need to do (this still works):
- Open Settings>iTunes & App Store.
- Tap our user ID. (it’s written in blue).
- Select View Apple ID and sign in.
- Tap Subscriptions on the next page.
- Navigate subscriptions as described at the top.
As you can see, Apple has simply added a shortcut to this process in an easier to find place. It seems much better this way.