How to use a LivePhoto as a Home or Lock Screen image on iPhone
I loved my dog. I still do, even though she passed away recently. Now I get to see her happy little face each time I pick up my iPhone as I’ve set a Live Photo featuring her as my Lockscreen image.
How it works
When you set a Live Photo as the image on your Home or Lockscreen it remains static until you press and hold the display, at which point your short movie plays. This is a great way to keep important moments with you, pets, friends, family or anything else you have that matters to you.
How to use Live Photo as an iPhone Home or Lockscreen
In order to use a Live Photo as your Home of Lockscreen just follow these simple instructions.
The feature is available in Wallpaper:
- Open Settings>Wallpaper.
- Select Choose a New Wallpaper.
- You’ll see Dynamic, Stills and Live default options, and below this you’ll see a list of different items in your Photos library, including All Photos, Recents, Selfies and more.
- Scroll down this list to find Live Photos. Tap to select.
- All the Live Photos on your device will be made available to you, just scroll down the list to choose one you wish to use.
- You’ll be shown a preview of how the Live Photo will look on your screen, and will also see Move and Scale tools, a button that provides Perspective View and another to enable and disable the Live Photo (so it moves or not). You’ll also see a Cancel and Set button.
- When you have an item you want to use, tap Set. You’ll be given a chance to use it on both the Home and Lock Screen, or either one of those.
- In future, a single press on your display will give you a chance to replay the moment.
It makes me happy each time I see mine.