14 Apple Services statistics as confirmed by Apple
Apple recently disclosed data pertaining to its services segment, which generated $53.8 billion in revenue in FY2020.
Over half a billion users
During its last financial call, Apple claimed that paid subscriptions to its services grew by 35 million on a quarterly basis and revealed it now has 585 million paid subscribers, up 135 million on the year before. Since then, Apple has introduced Apple One, Apple Fitness+ and ramped up all its available services across most devices.
For the record, I’ve extracted the latest information on services Apple published in early 2021.
Keep up with news on Apple Services here.
- App Store customers spent $1.8 billion at the App Store between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve 2020.
- Customers spent $540 million on New Year’s Day, 2021.
- Developers have earned over $200 billion since the App Store launched in 2008.
Apple Music statistics
- Apple Music radio now has tens of millions of listeners.
- Nearly 90% of iOS 14 Apple Music users have used new features added to the service in 2020.
- Engagement with Apple Music’s lyrics feature has doubled in the last year.
- Apple Music now offers over 25,000 radio episodes.
- Apple TV app is now available on over 1 billion screens in 100 countries.
- Shows made available on Apple TV+ have been nominated for awards 159 times and have won awards 45 times.
- Apple Pay is now available at 90 percent of stores in the US,
- 85 percent of stores in the UK,
- 99 percent of stores in Australia accept Apple
- Apple Books has over 90 million monthly active users.
- Over 85 percent of iCloud users are protected with two-factor authentication