The fact that Apple has chosen to honor John Lewis matters, it shows how far we’ve moved across that bridge, and how far we still must go.
- Apple’s BYOD improvements will save time for IT July 30, 2021Apple announced numerous enterprise-focused enhancements in its operating systems at WWDC, all of which business users will get to use this fall. But some we’ve not looked at too closely yet include tools to balance privacy with managed IDs.Managed Apple ID improves dramatically Appe’s most important improvement is its all-new declarative device management system. The big idea […]
- Apple’s billion-dollar component nose bleed July 28, 2021Apple shared the dark side of digital transformation during then pandemic when it confirmed this week that component shortages will affect its business. The distress signal came during the company's Q3 results call.A multi-billion dollar nose bleed Apple CFO Luca Maestri said supply constraints would affect company revenue to the tune of $3 billion to $4 […]
- Apple: Macs are best choice for enterprise July 27, 2021Apple has gotten very serious about building its enterprise business, with an updated enterprise website explaining the many reasons to move to Mac, supported by a Forrester report that shows using M1 Macs will save enterprises $843 over three years when compared to a PC.Apple’s growing TCO advantage The list of advantages include lower running […]
- Acronis teams with Jamf to secure the Apple-centric enterprise July 26, 2021As the Mac security journey becomes ever more challenging, there's fresh activity in the Mac security and enterprise infrastructure space: Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud now integrates with leading enterprise management platform Jamf.Acronis and Jamf: Better together That’s a significant step forward in terms of better native Mac support from Acronis, which has been working to widen […]
- Apple admins get a new remote support option July 23, 2021Apple administrators in the enterprise and education markets now have a new remote access option thanks to a new integration between Addigy and Splashtop.Splashtop comes to Addigy The move means Splashtop, which already has over 30 million users — including many Fortune 500 companies — is now the exclusive default remote support solution included in Addigy. […]