This is great news: The Pixelmator team has announced plans to launch Pixelmator Pro for Mac this fall. Codename: Whirlwind In developing the product, Pixelmator looked again at how people work with images on a Mac, and used...
Now Apple is a media company, Vanity Fair keeps delivering, vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018…
How to boot Windows on a Mac in 10-seconds applemust.com/how-to-boot-wi…
New betas of all the Apple OS' just shipped. Group FaceTime... slipped....
How to use HomePod to make and take calls applemust.com/how-to-use-hom…
What's also interesting about todays'a 'Apple seeks iCloud product developer' story is also the revelation that OmniGraffle is such an important tool for product development at the company.
Explore These Tips
26 Jun, 2017
- The summer 2018 iPhone refresh speculation round-up August 13, 2018Apple’s smartphones are the best-selling mobile device models in the world, particularly among enterprise users, so what should we expect when the company announces new models this season?Faster processors Apple’s existing iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X models are reportedly faster than Samsung’s latest Galaxy range, and this advantage grows once again this year with the […]
- AirPods aren't just for hipsters, they're also for the enterprise August 10, 2018I’m seeing AirPods in everyday use increasingly often, and it’s got me thinking about the business case of using these things in the enterprise.What do AirPods do? Apple’s AirPods are white wireless earbuds that let you play music, communicate, get information and ask Siri for help.They aren’t (yet) independent devices and must sync with an […]
- Mac and iOS: How to unlock productivity using tags August 9, 2018Enterprise or consumer, one of the most effective ways to become more productive with what you are doing is to tag your files. Tags make it so very much easier to find what you need and combine different items into ongoing project files.What are tags? Tags are a useful way to categorize your files. They […]
- Apple really wants your next PC to be a Mac -- and the timing's right August 7, 2018Apple appears to be taking a small step to make it easier for enterprises to upgrade their clapped-out old legacy Windows systems in favour of new Macs.Easing the Windows pain The snag for Windows users upgrading to Macs has always been the challenge of bringing all the data across to the new system.Apple already offers […]
- TSMC's iPhone chip attack is a wake-up call for enterprise security August 6, 2018Apple chipmaker TSMC suffered a serious WannaCry-related ransomware infection that closed down production at some of its factories. The incident should be a wake-up call for manufacturers across every industry.Manufacturing is under attack TSMC has said the incident was not the result of a direct attack. Instead it says its systems were exposed to the […]
- 10 magical productivity tips for Mac August 3, 2018It’s Friday. You're a few hours away from your weekend and you probably have a lot to get through, so here’s a small collection of tips that should help you get things done a little faster.Command-Space I repeat this in every collection because it’s so useful: Tap Command-Space whenever you want to find something on your […]
- Apple on the tracks: iOS on the railways August 2, 2018“In the railway industry, businesses around the world are using iPhone and iPad to support operations, training, passenger engagement, and maintenance activities,” said Apple's chief financial officer (CFO), Luca Maestri, during the company's Q318 financial call. I thought I’d find out more.iOS on the rails Where are these railways?Everywhere.In the U.S., U.K., Japan, Hong Kong […]
- Apple users ‘most appealing’ to cybercriminals' online scams August 1, 2018Apple’s platforms may be the most secure, but this is driving cybercriminals to more devious ways to undermine iOS and Mac security — partly because hacked Apple user credentials are among the most valuable properties you’ll find on the so-called dark web.A complex crime There is no doubt at all that Apple is growing in […]
- Why Apple’s Create ML matters to your enterprise July 31, 2018Create ML is Apple’s attempt to commodify some of the challenging machine learning tasks developers must otherwise resolve alone. Apple has chosen to leverage its existing ML technologies, as found in Siri and Photos, for this.What is Create ML? Focused at present on vision and natural language data, developers can use Create ML with Swift […]
- Apple's VP of education writes on the future of teaching July 30, 2018There’s a pressing need to improve the traditional education system, bringing transformative technologies and teaching practices into play to boost active learning and create a framework that supports life-long education, argues Apple's vice president of education, John Couch, in his latest book.Rewiring Education Couch's Rewiring Education is a passionate criticism of many of the less-efficient […]