I’ve been using one of Apple’s new MacBooks for months. As you probably expect, it’s faster, more capable, with a better display, and the TouchBar is (for me at least) a revelation. I like that it lets me...
I hope the rights of the people are protected in this case bloomberg.com/news/articles/…
@Staedtler The Tory party is all made of nihilism. It’s not futility we need, it’s vision.
Mac tip: A foolproof way to eliminate unwanted email applemust.com/mac-tip-a-fool…
Explore These Tips
- Will Apple play nice with others to make Siri smarter? May 21, 2018We’re going to hear lots about embedded vision product development during the Embedded Vision Summit, but the first announcement may have implications for Apple's machine learning systems.Apple and embedded vision We know Apple is interested in embedded vision and machine learning following its acquisition of PrimeSense and introduction of ARKit.We also know this because it […]
- 6 tips for faster Apple iPhone charging May 18, 2018Apple will allegedly introduce a fast-charging system inside the box with every iPhone sold later this year. While we wait for this magical moment in iPhone history, I’ve put together six tips for faster charging using the technology you have.What’s the rumor about iPhone charging? Images purported to show a prototype of the new charging device […]
- How Apple’s iPad, Swift and VoiceOver teach the blind to code May 17, 2018It’s Global Accessibility Awareness Day, which felt like a good day to explain how the accessibility features inside Swift Playgrounds and Apple solutions are enabling visually impaired people to code.Think about that It has been just 63 days since we lost the genius of Professor Stephen Hawking.His life and his achievements show us the huge […]
- 10 Apple accessibility solutions everyone should know May 15, 2018Apple is putting its weight behind Global Accessibility Awareness Day, taking the opportunity to point to its decades-long record in developing software solutions that make its hardware usable by everybody.Tim Cook’s commitment to making products accessible to everyone Earlier this year, Apple said: “One in seven people around the world has some form of disability, […]
- 5 Mac Terminal tips you’ll want to use May 14, 2018Apple’s Terminal application is supremely powerful on your Mac, and while you should be wary when using it, you can benefit from some super-useful Mac tricks if you do.What is Terminal? The Terminal application can be understood as a text-based user interface with which to control your Mac using command line tools. These are very […]
- Apple Pay: ‘Hey, Siri, get me a Goldman Sachs mortgage’ May 11, 2018News Apple may work with Goldman Sachs to launch credit services via Apple Pay shouldn’t surprise anyone — technology is transforming the entire financial system as your iPhone becomes more than a wallet.To read this article in full, please click here
- WWDC: AltConf announces London, San Jose alternative developer conferences May 10, 2018Apple developers will already be familiar with the developer community-driven AltConf conference that takes place at the same time as WWDC. For the first time this year, it will open up in both London, U.K., and near Apple Park in San Jose, California.Are you (not) going to San Jose? Now in its seventh year, AltConf is […]
- Mac users say, ‘Keep the Mac mini’ May 9, 2018Recently I asked: "What use is Apple’s Mac mini, anyway," an article that questions Apple’s commitment to the product and its relevance in a market increasingly served by mobile devices. Readers responded to the question:I asked, you answered Apple’s challenge as it seeks out an answer to the question around its commitment to the lowest-cost, […]
- What use is Apple’s Mac mini, anyway? May 8, 2018A Mac for under $500 is still a really attractive choice for many in the market for a new computer, and Apple certainly sells lots of these to people who don’t want the best Mac but still want a Mac.But they’re doing it wrong The Mac mini isn’t really so cheap. You need a keyboard. […]
- WWDC: Up next -- What to expect in iOS 12 May 7, 2018Apple’s WWDC developer conference takes place next month. Here’s a quick run-down of the latest speculation surrounding iOS 12 — the next iPhone, iPad OS upgrade.When stable gets sexy Whispers earlier this year claimed Apple plans to focus on stability in the release. If that’s true, it means we shouldn’t expect too much in the […]