Apple this week reportedly acquired its first Indian startup, Hyderabad-based machine intelligence firm, Tuplejump. Big data analysis in real time Tuplejump’s expertise in creating solutions to enable large stacks of data to be effectively analyzed in real time...
@MattTurner4L I tend to hover around "resign"
Jeremy Hunt and his shambles of a party should hang their heads in shame. And resign. mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m…
Good to see other people are beginning to notice what I’ve been banging on about for the last few years… techcrunch.com/2018/01/20/app…
Explore These Tips
26 Sep, 2017
- Apple still wants to teach the world to code (with Swift) January 19, 2018Apple continues to drive forward in its attempt to teach people how to develop with Swift with a massive European expansion of its Everyone Can Code scheme.Tomorrow’s world Apple has been putting a huge amount of effort into evangelizing its open source Swift development language.It has announced a range of initiatives with which to achieve […]
- iPhone addiction? You ain't seen nothing yet ... January 18, 2018iPhones and other smartphones truly are addictive, and we’re spending more time staring at them than ever. Meanwhile, Q4 smartphone sales utterly eclipsed PC sales. But where is this going?Heavy haulage Summarizing current analysis: PC sales have fallen from their 2011 365 million per year peak to 263 million in 2017. Smartphone sales have grown […]
- How Apple Developer Enterprise license works January 17, 2018Apple’s Developer Enterprise Program lets enterprises develop and distribute proprietary iOS apps across the company outside of the App Store, using a private portal or URL.What is Apple’s Developer Enterprise Program? Apple’s growing enterprise position may not have engaged hearts and minds across the entire company – yet – but it is clearly a booming […]
- CES 2018: Apple’s CarPlay wins friends and frenemies January 16, 2018Apple may (or may not) have scaled back its ambition to build its own connected vehicles, but at CES 2018 we still saw lots of news around its CarPlay system. Here’s a brief run-down on what happened:What they’re saying about autonomous vehicles CES 2018 saw lots of conversation on the topic of connected cars, but […]
- Apple is getting very, very serious about enterprise IT January 15, 2018Late one Friday when no one was looking, Apple quietly updated the business support section of its website, Apple at Work. The move wasn’t widely advertised, but it reflects the growing importance the company places in the enterprise markets.The times they have a-changed It wasn’t long ago that saying Apple products have a place in […]
- 10 iPhone X hints for business users January 12, 2018You’ve learned all the new gestures, you've kicked Face ID around and you already use a VPN and alphanumeric passcode. You use your iPhone X to get things done, so how can you get things done faster?To read this article in full, please click here
- 5 printing secrets every Mac user needs January 11, 2018Everyone knows how to print from their Mac, right? You just hit the Print button (or Command-P) – but are you using these print-related tricks?How to print from the Dock What if you didn’t even have to open documents to print them? What if you could just print from the document icon in Finder using […]
- Apple’s future is pants January 10, 2018Can you recall way back when people predicted Apple would introduce true wireless charging with tech from a firm called Energous? Such hopes seemed dashed when the company’s new iPhones launched with Qi wired wireless charging, but that doesn’t necessarily mean those plans have been shelved because …To read this article in full, please click here
- Life after iTunes: Apple’s big media challenge January 9, 2018Like all the big tech firms, Apple is spending billions to produce original video content as it builds its place in the future of media, but it faces lots of challenges in its attempt.The revolution will be televised Big players, including Google, Apple and Facebook, want a slice of the $170 billion/year U.S. TV market.They […]
- How to use parental controls to protect your iPhone January 8, 2018Even while we accept that coding skills are key to some future employment, Apple is under some pressure to improve parental controls to help prevent children from becoming hooked on their phones. Apple already provides some protection parents can use to limit their children’s smartphone use. Here’s what you need to know:What are Apple's parental […]